The purpose of COLT is to develop competent online instructors and instructional designers. The certificate program provides those who desire to deliver learning materials at a distance with the foundational knowledge and skills required to design, develop, and implement effective materials for online learning.
Skills learned include how to design effective instruction for a distance-learning environment, how to evaluate critical issues in distance education, and how to develop distance education materials.
Throughout this completely online certificate program participants will have numerous opportunities to integrate their professional experiences into their learning, apply their course assignments to their current professional activities, and actively engage with other professionals in the development of these proficiencies.
- E-learning Theory and Design
- Programming for Games & Simulations
- Emerging Technologies for K-12 Teaching
- Assessment and Evaluation in E-learning
- Distance Education Technology
- Instructional Technology Management
- Authoring E-learning Environments: Computer-Assisted Instruction (CAI)
- Practicum in E-learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 878 other Masters in Education in United States
Applicants submit the following to Office of Graduate Education Student Services:
- completed Graduate Admissions Application
- application fee
- one transcript for each post-secondary institution attended
- standardized exam scores
- Residency Declaration Form
- official TOEFL or IELTS exam scores
- proof of sufficient funding
International37080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18540 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!