Graduates work in a wide variety of capacities, protecting the information systems of different types of organizations and supporting the nation's information infrastructure.
- The degree in Information Security and Assurance from George Mason University provides students with the general and technical knowledge and skills to understand the relationship between information security and advancing information systems technology.
- The program gives graduates a theoretical understanding of the science and methodologies for ensuring the secrecy and integrity of data, as well as the availability and legitimate use of data and information systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Security Theory and Practice
- Network Security
- Principles and Practice of Communication Networks
- Computer Communications and Networking
- Biometrics and Identity Management
- Security Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security View 237 other Masters in IT Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants must hold a four-year (120-credit minimum) baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and have earned a GPA of 3.00 or better in the last 60 credits. Other requirements are as follows:
- Submit the appropriate application with two letters of recommendation from people directly knowledgeable of the applicant's professional and academic competence, a one-page goals statement, and a work resume.
- International students must submit their English Proficiency scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 663 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.