Students in the program in Health and Medical Policy at George Mason University are expected to graduate with the knowledge and skills needed to analyze health policy issues; examine health system approaches; formulate new policies; and support policy development in health care financing, healthcare delivery system innovations, and the allocation of scarce resources.
- Students will learn how health care services in the U.S. are delivered and paid for, how well the U.S. health care system performs from an individual and societal perspective, and how various key stakeholders influence the formation and development of health policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Role of Government in Health Care and Public Health
- Essentials of Health Insurance and Managed Care
- Health Economics
- Health Policy Development and Analysis
- US Institutions and the Policy Process
- Administrative Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Administration View 901 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet the admission standards and application requirements specified in Graduate Admissions and must apply using the online Application for Graduate Admission. The application process is competitive, and applications are considered for the fall and spring semesters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 24 months.
National31227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State12579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 599 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.