What will you do?
By taking this Petroleum Geoscience program from the University of Adelaide you will:
- work with internationally experienced staff and senior industry personnel
- access industry-standard techniques, software and datasets
- study exploration and development geoscience in depth
- build hands-on skills and practical knowledge
- undertake an advanced research project.
Where could it take you?
You might pursue careers in mineral or petroleum exploration with multinational and local companies. You could be a geologist, a geophysicist or an oil and gas analyst. Perhaps you’ll work in consulting or as a natural resource manager in a government agency.
Graduates of this Petroleum Geoscience program from University of Adelaide can seek employment as geoscientists in the international petroleum industry or may find careers as geologists, geophysicists, oil and gas analysts or in petroleum exploration.
Careers may be pursued within multinational and local exploration and production companies, service providers, consulting companies, government departments and universities.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience
- Petroleum Resource Evaluation
- Petroleum Systems and Basin Evaluation
- Advanced Petroleum Geoscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Mining, Oil & Gas View 12 other Masters in Geology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed undergraduate Honours degree in Science (AQF Level 8, or equivalent), majoring in a relevant field (such as geology, geophysics, earth sciences or similar) with an Honours level IIA grade or credit average grade, or higher.
- Students with a non-Honours undergraduate degree in Science (AQF Level 7, or equivalent) may be considered if they have undertaken at least one year of professional experience in a relevant field, providing appropriate work based learning outcomes that combined with their undergraduate degree is assessed to be equivalent to an Honours (AQF level 8) qualification.
International44000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.