What will you do?
By taking the Psychology (Health) program from the University of Adelaide you will:
- Enjoy small class sizes with leading health psychologists and educators.
- Learn about illness, disease, and the promotion and maintenance of health.
- Study health care systems and policy.
- Explore psychological factors that contribute to ill health.
- Undertake three industry placements totalling over 1000 hours.
- Network with future employers in mental health, health care and government settings.
Where could it take you?
Upon successful completion, you’ll be eligible to apply for full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia. You could design public health campaigns to prevent addiction, injury and illness.
You might help people manage chronic pain or cope with diagnoses and medical treatments. Perhaps you’ll work to shift individual attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in the clinic. To gain endorsement, further postgraduate supervision is required.
After graduation, students have the skills to assist people with mental health and chronic physical conditions and are highly sought after for roles in the public and private sector, or can choose to start their own practice.
Health psychologists specialise in understanding the relationships between psychological factors and health and illness. Health psychologists practise in two main areas: health promotion and clinical health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Policy and Public Health Interventions
- Evidence-based Practice
- Interviewing & Intervention
- Psychological Assessment
- Abnormal Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Educational Psychology View 223 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry is available to graduates with an Australian Honours Psychology degree or equivalent comprising of a minimum of Second Class, Division A Honours and an individually-conducted research project carrying 33% or more of the years work.
- Applicants who have an overseas Honours qualification should supply a certified copy of the assessment of their qualifications by the Australian Psychological Society (APS), and information about the research component of their qualifications. Students who undertake Honours in Psychology at an accredited onshore Australian university do not need to have their qualifications assessed.
International39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National3950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3950 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.