This interdisciplinary concentration presents systematic instruction in bilingualism, cultural dynamics, applied linguistics, and the examination of theory and research related to effective bilingual education.
The Master of Arts degree in Bicultural-Bilingual Studies is designed to respond to a variety of societal needs through advanced multidisciplinary study in language, culture, and related disciplines. It has concentrations in Bicultural-Bilingual Education, Bicultural Studies, and English as a Second Language.
This concentration is offered for students interested in advanced study in the design and implementation of bicultural-bilingual education programs. This interdisciplinary course of study presents systematic instruction in bilingualism, cultural dynamics, and applied linguistics. It also includes an examination of theory and research related to effective bilingual education. The Master’s degree is offered under two options: thesis and non-thesis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations for Bicultural Studies
- Social Justice and Multiculturalism in the U
- Cultural Theories in Global Context
- Critical Pedagogies in Bilingual/Bicultural Content Instruction
- Ethnography of Communication
- Assessment in Bilingual and ESL Programs
- Biliteracy in Bilingual Classrooms
- Curricular and Instructional Considerations for Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Classrooms
- Multicultural Art and Folklore in the United States
- Theoretical Foundations of Bicultural-Bilingual Education
- Sociolinguistics and Education
- Latino Biculturalism in the United States
- Sociocultural Issues and the Teaching of Reading
- Multicultural Literature for Children
- Research Design and Inquiry in Bicultural-Bilingual Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies View 420 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required Degree: Bachelor's degree with 18 credit hours in field of study or in another appropriate field of study
- Other Degree Requirements: Three required courses are taught in Spanish only, you will need advanced proficiency in the Spanish language.
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.