What will you do?
By taking this Planning program from University of Adelaide you will:
- study urbanisation, policy, theory, practice and planning law
- understand urban development processes in depth
- consider resilience to natural disasters and climate change
- explore techniques for engaging communities in planning
- apply your learning in real-life planning simulations and an architectural design project.
Where could it take you?
You might write policy to guide long-term regional planning. You could work to protect and preserve natural and historic heritage sites. Perhaps you’ll renew declining urban areas or develop master plans for housing, transport or infrastructure.
A degree in urban planning opens the door to a wide range of employment in both the public and private sectors, and is applicable in many countries. Graduates are well equipped to pursue careers in urban, regional and environmental planning.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Urbanisation
- Urban Design Principles
- Engaging Communities: Techniques and Analysis
- Environmental Planning and Governance
- Planning Policy and Regulation
- Planning Law
- Development and Construction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 21 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Australia
- A completed undergraduate degree from University of Adelaide (or equivalent) with a GPA of 5.0 or better (out of 7.0). Applicants who have not completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Adelaide must submit a Curriculum Vitae to the School of Architecture and Built Environment.
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8885 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8885 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.