Why study MSc Biodiversity Conservation at BU?
- Study in a location perfectly suited to learn about biodiversity conservation
- Develop your knowledge of ecology, geography, social science, psychology and technology in this political and socio-economically important subject area
- Enjoy access to a vast amount of research from our academics, including; tropical and temperate ecosystems, grassland, forest, freshwater, coastal and marine environments
- Learn about the latest developments in conservation science and practice, hone your ability to communicate effectively, and be mentored in identifying flora and fauna
- Benefit from our wide network of professional contacts to find a six-week placement In the UK or abroad to suit your individual career aspirations
- Profit from our expert academics who are actively researching biodiversity conservation worldwide and bring their expertise to every session.
This Biodiversity Conservation course from Bournemouth University prepares you for a career in the commercial and statutory environmental sectors. Its strong emphasis on core skills in environmental practice gives students the edge when seeking employment. On completing the course not only will you have subject expertise but you will know how to apply that knowledge to make a difference in biodiversity conservation. You will be prepared to undertake roles such as ecological consultant, environmental consultant, environmental conservation manager or academic researcher.
Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conservation in Practice
- Field Ecology Skills
- Frontiers in Biodiversity
- Quantitative & Spatial Analysis
- Research Project
- Advanced Quantitative & Spatial Methods
- Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
If you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 323 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject.
Required subjects: Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Earth & Geographical Sciences, Conservation Biology, Zoology, Ecology & Wildlife Conservation.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.