Several subject areas of concentration include: nutritional biochemistry, nutritional epidemiology, diet and cancer, obesity, mineral nutrition and toxicology, dietary and functional fiber, community and international nutrition and much more!
The learning objectives of the Nutritional Sciences graduate program at University of Hawaii at Manoa are that students will:
- Demonstrate mastery of fundamental knowledge in the field of nutrition
- Demonstrate advanced scholarship in their specialty area in the field of nutrition
- Communicate both orally and in writing at a high level of proficiency
- Conduct and interpret nutritional research
- Function as a professional in their chosen discipline area
Programme StructureCourses included:
- The Science of Food Systems
- Seminar in Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Nutrition and Disease: Cellular and Molecular Aspects, or
- Dietary Fiber, Bioactive Food Components and Health
- Topics in Nutritional Sciences
- Advanced Child and Adolecent Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 215 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Application form and appropriate fee;
- One official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs sent directly from the institution to the Graduate Division;
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report is required (for international applicants, as well as some immigrant and US applicants).
International21030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1402 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1402 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.