The Sport and Exercise Physiology programme at the University of Roehampton offers a thorough theoretical, conceptual and practical grounding in the discipline. You will gain a detailed understanding of the science of sports and exercise with the focus on applied physiology. Among other things, you will study a wide variety of physiological assessment techniques, nutritional aspects of sport and exercise performance, and the physiological characteristics of the neuromuscular system with application to sport and injury. You will also be challenged to develop and publish new knowledge on a research topic of interest to you via a dissertation project.
Taught by leading experts in the field, you will develop the necessary skills to carry out your own consultancy work with a client. We also aim to provide opportunities for you to gain flexible and professional work placements through our professional networks. Placements in the past have included British Fencing, British Paralympic Sitting Volleyball, Watford FC and Queen Mary’s Hospital.
Graduates go on to work as sport physiologists and rehabilitation experts in sport management consultancies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanical Measurement and Technology
- Psychology of Physical Activity, Health and Injury
- Psychology of Sport and Performance
- Neuromusculoskeletal Function
- Nutritional Aspects of Exercise and Sport Performance
- Physiological Assessment
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 131 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
General entry requirements
- Applications are invited from those who have an 2:1 honours degree classification (or above) in sport science/studies or physiology with a strong research methods element.
International14978 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14978 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8265 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8265 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £460 per ten credits (part-time UK/EU)
- £833 per ten credits (part-time International)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.