These Environmental Science and Policy - Aquatic Ecology professionals will also contribute to the analysis and resolution of global problems, such as deforestation, insufficient world food supplies, acid deposition, population growth and public health, global climate change/warming, and depletion of the stratospheric ozone.
Areas of specific departmental focus at George Mason University include ecosystems; conservation; environmental biocomplexity; molecular ecology; sustainability science; environmental policy and management; and human/environmental interactions.
Environmental problems are defined in the real world and do not necessarily conform to traditional academic disciplines. As such, solutions require creative combinations of diverse interests and subjects. Effective training requires rigorous, problem-focused interdisciplinary action in a setting in which research is an essential element supporting instruction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Waterscape Ecology and Management
- Estuarine and Coastal Ecology
- Selected Topics in Environmental Science
- Marine Mammal Biology and Conservation
- Marine Conservation
- The Diversity of Fishes
- Coastal Morphology and Processes
- Environmental Science and Public Policy
- Microbial Ecology
- Freshwater Ecology
- Wetland Ecology and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 431 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1412 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1412 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 524 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.