Within the context of a collaboration between Heidelberg University and Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences, the faculty of the Medical Informatics academic programme has very successfully been educating Medical Informatics Specialists. In international rankings, this academic programme is rated extremely highly.
The objective of the Medical Informatics degree programme at the University of Heidelberg is the acquisition and deepening of knowledge of current relevant scientific methods used in Medical Informatics along with the ability to adequately and effectively apply these in problem-solving processes in the various fields of healthcare and medicine, in the areas of patient care, therapy, and diagnosis, as well as in research.
Graduates will also have the ability to collaborate in the development of new methods and procedures for specific problems and to provide a critical assessment of their effectiveness and efficiency. This scientific university education provides students with all of the competencies required to pursue responsible positions in research, development, and management in industry, hospitals, or at software companies or universities.
Occupational AreasMedical informatics specialists enjoy excellent career prospects in industry and healthcare as well as with software companies:
- Software development, database applications, IT services, information management
- Medical device development
- Research and development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch focuses at Heidelberg University include:
- Medical image processing and pattern recognition in medicine: Development of systems for computer-assisted diagnosis, monitoring of at-risk patients, and support in planning and implementing therapeutic interventions.
- Patient-oriented decision support: development of methods and tools for patient-oriented information management and individualisation of medical decisions for doctors and patients.
- IT solutions for medical research: Innovative IT solutions and information management for the processing and integration of scientific data in medical practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Informatics & Information Sciences View 52 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.