As part of Educational Foundations: Educational Leadership, students attend face-to- face sessions over two summers (five weeks each) with independent study and advising during the fall and spring semesters. The program embraces students’ research interests as well as the idea of professional leadership for teachers and other educators.
With a vibrant community of students from all over Hawai‘i, the mainland U.S., Asia nd the Pacific Islands, the program invites intellectual stimulation and social interaction
This cohort-based program is designed to meet the needs of teachers and other educators, and individuals who wish to broaden and deepen their understanding of educational problems. The Educational Leadership in the Asia-Pacific Region (EdLeads) program can be pursued without career interruption.
The master degree granting program has a summer start date. The program runs for a period of two consecutive summers, each with five weeks of on-campus instruction, and including the intervening fall and spring semesters.
The entire program—which is open to qualified applicants from Hawai‘i, North America, the Asia-Pacific region, and elsewhere in the world—may be completed in fifteen months.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cultural Diversity and Education
- Foundations of Curriulum Leadership
- History of Education
- Approaches to Educational Inquiry
- Foundations of Educational Theory
- Topics in Comparative Education
- Introduction to Educational Policy Studies
- Field Studies in Ed Foundations
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.