Teaching Culturally, Linguistically Diverse & Exceptional Learners program from George Mason University offers a variety of program options designed to prepare current and future educators locally and around the world to teach diverse learners with equity and excellence! Whether you are interested in teaching children in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Foreign/World Language Education, or International Elementary Education, our TCLDEL program has an option for you!
Program options include non-licensure options in the fields of ESOL (PK-12), Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL, PK-12 to Adult), and International Baccalaureate.
Why Choose Us
Our TCLDEL program, which includes fully online options, provides teacher education students with opportunities to interact and learn with practicing and/or preservice teachers in a variety of teaching contexts in supportive communities of practice. You will also engage with dedicated teacher education professors with deep expertise in teaching and learning with diverse learners. Most courses in our PK-12 program options require 15 hours of field experience, allowing teacher education students to gain hands-on experiences with diverse learners and to apply what they are learning in real-world contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culturally and linguistically diverse and exceptional learners bring unique strengths and needs to today’s classrooms.
- To honor learners’ strengths and respond to their individual needs, today’s educators must understand how to leverage learners’ strengths as assets, how to provide culturally and linguistically sustaining pedagogy, how to work collaboratively with other professionals to optimize learning environments and outcomes, and how to advocate for diverse learners and their families in classrooms, schools, and communities.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3082 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have earned or will earn* a minimum of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a US institution of higher education accredited by one of the organizations found here, or an equivalent degree from a nationally recognized non-US institution.
- You must have earned a 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale or better in your baccalaureate study. The GPA requirement can be higher for individual graduate programs.
- If you are an applicant with domestic educational credentials (inside the United States): you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts on the online application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.