The Academic Program
Curriculum Studies: Aloha Kumu Cohort from University of Hawaii at Manoa will work with groups of teachers to develop inter-disciplinary MEd-CS degree programs specifically designed to help them address the needs, goals, and aspirations of their students, schools, districts, and/or communities.
We will collaborate with teachers to articulate program goals and objectives; develop a program schedule; select courses; develop activities and experiences; and design a plan b project. Aloha Kumu faculty have developed cohorted MEd-CS degree programs for K-12 teachers at various private and public schools in Hawai‘i. We have developed programs that have focused on National Board Certification, community-based education, Native Hawaiian and Indigenous Education, Aloha ‘Aina Leadership, and place-based education.
While many of our MEd-CS programs have served teachers at schools in the Nanakuli-Wai‘anae and Campbell-Kapolei complexes within the Hawaii-Department of Education, we look forward to working with and supporting teachers throughout Hawai‘i.
Aloha Kumu is currently offering a MEd-CS program/cohort focusing on National Board Certification-Teacher Leader for teachers in the Nanakuli-Wai‘anae and Campbell-Kapolei Complex area schools. Students who complete this program may be eligible to add an additional teaching field to an existing Hawaii license.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum Leadership.
- Research in Curriculum and Teaching.
- Qualitative Research Methods.
- Plan B Master’s Project.
- New Literacies Leadership.
- Cultural Diversity and Education.
- Seminar in Curriculum.
- Seminar Interdisciplinary Education.
- Leadership and Governance in Education.
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 644 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 21 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 21 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.