The Academic Program
Curriculum Studies: Aloha Kumu Cohort from University of Hawaii at Manoa will work with groups of teachers to develop inter-disciplinary MEd-CS degree programs specifically designed to help them address the needs, goals, and aspirations of their students, schools, districts, and/or communities.
We will collaborate with teachers to articulate program goals and objectives; develop a program schedule; select courses; develop activities and experiences; and design a plan b project. Aloha Kumu faculty have developed cohorted MEd-CS degree programs for K-12 teachers at various private and public schools in Hawai‘i. We have developed programs that have focused on National Board Certification, community-based education, Native Hawaiian and Indigenous Education, Aloha ‘Aina Leadership, and place-based education.
While many of our MEd-CS programs have served teachers at schools in the Nanakuli-Wai‘anae and Campbell-Kapolei complexes within the Hawaii-Department of Education, we look forward to working with and supporting teachers throughout Hawai‘i.
Aloha Kumu is currently offering a MEd-CS program/cohort focusing on National Board Certification-Teacher Leader for teachers in the Nanakuli-Wai‘anae and Campbell-Kapolei Complex area schools. Students who complete this program may be eligible to add an additional teaching field to an existing Hawaii license.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum Leadership.
- Introduction to Research in Curriculum and Teaching.
- Qualitative Research Methods.
- Plan B Master’s Project.
- New Literacies Leadership.
- Cultural Diversity and Education.
- Seminar in Curriculum.
- Seminar Interdisciplinary Education.
- Leadership and Governance in Education.
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 21 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 21 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.