The Academic Program
The Curriculum Studies: PK-3 School Level at University of Hawaii at Manoa helps teachers become better informed about the developmental and educational needs of children from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 3.
Prospective applicants choosing the PK-3 school level do not need to choose a separate concentration.
Twelve core credits plus at least 18 credits chosen from the following list or other courses selected in consultation with the program advisor. Students who have not completed a teacher preparation program for initial teaching license in PK-3 may need to complete 6-9 credits of foundational coursework in early childhood education as part of their program of study
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Development and Improvement of Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to Research
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Seminar in Curriculum (Issues and Trends in Early Childhood Education)
- Early Childhood Foundations and Curriculum
- Early Literacy and Language Development
- Early Childhood Education: Advanced Topics (Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings)
- Function of Play in Early Childhood Education
- Seminar Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings
- Seminar in Issues in Early Childhood Education
- Instructional Psychology focuses on the application of the CREDE
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 30 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 30 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.