About the Neuroscience program
The program encompasses over 75 faculty members in clinical and basic science departments throughout the university. The goal is to provide maximal academic flexibility that matches the broad scope of modern neuroscience. This master degree in Neuroscience is offered by the University at Buffalo.
The emphasis is on interactions between five main areas: cellular and molecular mechanisms of nervous system function and dysfunction, development and plasticity, sensory systems, behavioral neurobiology, and translational medicine in the nervous system.
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Basic Laboratory Skills
- Quantitative Neuroscience
- Laboratory Rotation
- Topics in Neuroscience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Neuroscience View 253 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information
- Letters of recommendation
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs)
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.