Underlying the Social Entrepreneurship program is a commitment to social justice and care for human dignity. By the end of the program you will be equipped to analyze problems, develop strategies to solve them, and execute these solutions effectively. The program’s multidisciplinary approach is premised on the understanding that real-world problems cross traditional academic boundaries.
Faculty in this program are both traditional academics and practitioners with experience in the world of social entrepreneurship. They have expertise in social innovation, leadership and institutional change, management, and financial analysis, as well as experience across the range of public and private sectors. Drawing on the departments in several colleges and schools at George Mason, the program transcends traditional disciplinary boundaries. You can leverage coursework across the university toward your degree.
Experiential learning is an essential component of your degree. You will engage in internships, practica, and other co-curricular activities. George Mason University Students have interned at Ashoka, a global network for social entrepreneurship, as well as the Armed Services Arts Partnership, an organization reintegrating veterans through the arts. Mason’s location in the Washington, D.C., area affords students unparalleled access to key business, public and non-profit organizations.
While some students choose to continue on to their PhD, others move on to successful careers in higher education, nonprofit organizations, and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MAIS ProSeminar
- Social Innovation In Action
- Leadership in a Changing Environment
- Analysis of Financial Decisions
- Special Topics in Graduate School of Business
- Corporate Environmental Management and Policy
- Social Entrepreneurship and Public Policy
- Entrepreneurship, Economics, and Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Public Administration Public Policy View 127 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.