This Social Justice and Human Rights program at George Mason University provides a deep theoretical foundation for understanding the social, political, cultural, historical, and economic implications of an array of social injustices and human rights issues.
It emphasizes a global and intersectional approach while engaging students in imagining and applying strategies for creating and sustaining a more equitable, just, and humane world.
Who's in the Program
- Students range from recent college graduates to mid-career professionals. They pursue research and activism on topics such as racial and environmental justice, human trafficking, disability rights, immigration, and human rights.
- Students in the program come from a range of disciplines and professional backgrounds, including education, political science, criminology, sociology, women’s and gender studies, African American studies, and social justice activism, to name a few.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Social Justice Human Rights
- Critical Race Studies
- Queer Theory
- Feminist Theories
- Social Justice and Equity in International Education
- Access and Social Justice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Political Science View 626 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.