The Dramatherapy course at the University of Roehampton consists of three stages, which offers a clearly structured developmental process for the clinical application of dramatherapy.
In Stage One, you will be introduced to basic theatre skills and use these creatively to work with established stories and characters. This progresses into an exploration of the personal identifications that we have with stories and myths, and an understanding of the deep foundations within many cultural traditions of using ritual, drama and performance for the enhancement of health. In Stage Two, the focus moves on to employing drama and theatre processes as vehicles for exploring our own inter-personal and internal ‘dramas’.
Stage Three is where you will conduct your own piece of practical investigation or research into the literature and theory-base of dramatherapy practice. The Dramatherapy programme will provide you with a broad range of skills enabling you to pursue your own research interests across a wide spectrum of dramatherapy practice and theory.
Dramatherapists are employed across the spectrum of health and social care, education and forensic services. Dramatherapists may also operate in private therapy, training and consultancy practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dramatherapy Placement
- Research Methodologies and Methods
- Ritual of Transformation
- Therapeutic Theatre and Closure
- Research Project
- Interprofessional Learning and Practice
- Ritual of Creative Expression
- Ritual of Exploration
- Paratheatrical Explorations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Complementary & Alternative Medicine Theatre & Dance View 716 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of one year prior clinical experience.
- A sustained engagement with drama and theatre and some basic theatrical skills
- Appropriate personal qualities such as emotional literacy and an ability to be self-aware and open
- Two references; normally one of these should be able to comment on the applicant’s academic suitability and the other the applicant’s professional/personal suitability for the programme
- Evidence of experience, maturity and personal robustness
International9705 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9705 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7185 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7185 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- UK/EU Fees per year (£4,870) (Part time)
- International Fees per year (£6,580) (Part time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.