At Creative Writing (specialist pathway) from University of Roehampton you will engage with a variety of storytelling tools and models. You will be introduced to a wide range of approaches in short and long form fiction enabling you to develop your writing practice as well as thinking about your own social and cultural experiences and identities.
Students go on to employment as professional writers or in media-related occupations such as journalists, archivists, librarians, editors, copywriters and arts managers. Additionally, the programme provides essential preparation for advanced academic study of Creative Writing at PhD level or for teaching Creative Writing.
- Creative Contexts
- Poetry: Lyric
- Poetry: Alternative Practice
- Fiction for Young Readers: Visual Narratives
- Fiction for Young Readers: Young Adult Narratives
- Fiction: Short Stories
- Fiction: Novel
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National students deadlines - 28 September
- If you are an international student, you should apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 550 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate English
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.