Interdisciplinary Studies - Computational Social Science at George Mason University was the first CSS MA in the world and continues to advance the study of social science through computational methods (e.g., agent-based modeling, social network analysis, and big data).
The greatest strength of the Computational Social Science (CSS) at George Mason University lies in its ability to foster and promote interdisciplinary research that crosses traditional domain boundaries. Students use computationally intensive methods to solve current problems.
Who's in the Program
- Students range from recent college graduates to mid-career professionals.
- The CSS program is for students who seek a master's degree that integrates knowledge from several disciplines.
- While some computer knowledge is useful, students in the CSS program are not expected to be programmers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Object-Oriented Modeling in Social Science
- Agent-based Modeling and Simulation
- Origins of Social Complexity
- Complexity Theory in the Social Sciences
- Spatial Agent-Based Models of Human-Environment Interactions
- Social Network Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Statistics Computer Sciences View 548 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree submitted using the application portal from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International50832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National50832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.