The Computational Science program from George Mason University combines a solid foundation in computational science skills with courses in a variety of scientific and engineering computer-intensive areas where modeling and simulation, data analysis, and high performance computing play a central role.
Working with an advisor, a student may choose to pursue an area of emphasis.
The areas of emphasis are:
- Computer Modeling and Simulation: Intended for students who wish to learn computational solution techniques for modeling and simulation of scientific and engineering phenomena.
- Data Science: Intended for students who wish to learn computational methods for acquiring, extracting, and analyzing large-scale data obtained by observations, experiments, modeling, and database searches.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Methods
- Scientific Databases
- High-Performance Computing
- Scientific and Statistical Visualization
- Directed Reading and Research
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 1058 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants to the Computational Science, MS should have academic backgrounds in the following appropriate fields: physical or biological sciences, engineering, mathematics, or computer science. They should have an undergraduate degree from an institution of higher education accredited by a Mason-recognized U.S. institutional accrediting agency or international equivalent with a GPA of at least 3.00 in their last 60 credits of study.
- To apply, prospective students should complete the George Mason University Admissions Application, supply two copies of official transcripts from each university attended, a current résumé, and an expanded goals statement. Applicants should also provide two letters of recommendation and an official report of scores on the GRE-GEN.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.