We offer a master degree program in Music Education at the University at Buffalo. Our graduates integrate digital technologies to enhance music learning, and value music at the core of the curriculum for every student.
As a student in this program you will learn:
- current ideas in assessment that set direction for the teaching profession
- curriculum development patterns to address contemporary demands
- Music Learning Theory
- psychology of learning as an overarching framework for active music making
- research and policy that assist in informed advocacy
- strategies for making the most of students’ valuable music time
More informationVisit official programme website
- Measurement and Evaluation in Music Education
- Introduction to Research in Music Education
- Curricular and Instructional Foundations of Music Education
- Music Education Practices
- Studies in Music Education
- Design and Evaluation of Music Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Rolling admission after deadline .
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable application fee
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official original proof of your degree
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- Official test scores for either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic
- Financial documentation — International graduate applicants must document their ability to pay for all costs incurred while studying in the U.S
- An official bank statement
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.