Both tracks stress the analytic and empirical methodologies that are used in all phases of interactive systems design (where this is broadly defined to include any human-machine system).
The power and interpretation of these techniques reside in their close ties to cognitive theory.
- Job prospects for our MA graduates are very rosy. All of our graduates have been employed within 2 months of graduation.
- Some of our students' internships have turned into job offers so that they were employed prior to leaving the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Bases of Behavior
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Science
- Advanced Statistics
- Quantitative Methods: Analysis of Variance
- Multiple Regression
- Quantitative Methods: Multivariate Techniques in Psychology
Cognitive Engineering: Cognitive Science Applied to Human Factors
- Research Methods in Human Factors and Applied Cognition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 - 32
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Cognitive Sciences View 648 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree submitted using the application portal from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.