Making sense of these advances in biomedical science and of the knowledge explosion in domains such as genetics, drug design, neuroscience, and environmental health requires both a sophisticated understanding of biological questions and powerful analytical tools to solve them.
The integrated discipline of Computational Biology/bioinformatics represents the application of modern computer science, statistics, and mathematics to exploring biological and biomedical problems.
The Department of Biological Sciences in the Mellon College of Science and the Computational Biology Department in the School of Computer Science combine their world-class strengths in computer science and biology with the strong tradition of interdisciplinary research at Carnegie Mellon into a unique training program in this emerging field.
The Carnegie Mellon University mission is to create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being.
To cultivate a transformative university community committed to :
- attracting and retaining diverse, world-class talent;
- creating a collaborative environment open to the free exchange of ideas, where research, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship can flourish
- ensuring individuals can achieve their full potential.
To impact society in a transformative way — regionally, nationally, and globally — by engaging with partners outside the traditional borders of the university campus.
- Programming for Scientists
- Algorithms and Advanced Data Structures
- Applied Cell and Molecular Biology
- Professional Issues in Computational Biology
- Math and Statistics
- Genomics, Biological Modeling, Automation of Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Computer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 1272 other Masters in Biology in United States
- All applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Scores will not be accepted if they are more than five years old.
- Your statement of purpose
- The three letters of recommendation
International52100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52100 USD per year during 24 months.
National52100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52100 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.