The flexibility of the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology degree at George Mason University permits students to custom design their curriculum under an advisor's guidance, making the program especially relevant for students employed in today's diverse biotechnology workplace.
Students completing the program are qualified to pursue careers that require knowledge of current bioinformatics methods and applications, and the ability to develop and/or use new bioinformatics software.
- Courses are generally offered in the late afternoon or early evening to accommodate students with full-time employment outside the university.
- Students employed at area biotechnology organizations may take up to 6 credits (out of 31) for bioinformatics work done on the job, under the guidance of a faculty member.
- This work-related project may be applied as either a 3-credit research project or a 6-credit master's thesis.
- Bioinformatics Methods
- Molecular Cell Biology for Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Programming
- Systems Biology
- Colloquium in Bioinformatics
- Research Project
- Master's Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Informatics Bioinformatics View 171 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
- Verification of English language proficiency. Please see English language requirements page.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores, as required by your program sent directly to Mason from the testing agency.
International50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
National50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.