Students in the Hawaii Rehabilitation Counseling program benefit from a culturally-diverse student body, faculty and staff. The outcome of this type of experience is graduates who are prepared to work in a society with clients representing a wide range of backgrounds and beliefs (including individuals with disabilities, veterans, injured active duty service members, and citizens with cultural and language differences).
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
- Counseling: Theory and Practice
- Career Development and Vocational Counseling
- Research and Evaluation in Rehabilitation
- Counseling: Group Theory and Practice
- Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Principles and Practice of Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- Case Management
- Ethical Issues for Helping Professions
- Vocational Evaluation and Assessment in Rehabilitation
- Theory and Techniques of Job Placement
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Only feedback on assignments and exams
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Sports Sciences View 50 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.