Students in the Hawaii Rehabilitation Counseling program benefit from a culturally-diverse student body, faculty and staff. The outcome of this type of experience is graduates who are prepared to work in a society with clients representing a wide range of backgrounds and beliefs (including individuals with disabilities, veterans, injured active duty service members, and citizens with cultural and language differences).
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Accredited by the Council of Rehabilitation Education (CORE).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
- Counseling: Theory and Practice
- Career Development and Vocational Counseling
- Research and Evaluation in Rehabilitation
- Counseling: Group Theory and Practice
- Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Principles and Practice of Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- Case Management
- Ethical Issues for Helping Professions
- Vocational Evaluation and Assessment in Rehabilitation
- Theory and Techniques of Job Placement
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Only feedback on assignments and exams
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Psychology View 140 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 36 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.