Students in RLL are prepared to participate in critical discussions in the discipline and engage meaningfully with the scholarship of colleagues in neighboring disciplines. At the University at Buffalo we offer a master degree in French Language and Literature.
The MA degree offers students the opportunity to specialize in French or Spanish literature, Spanish linguistics or a combination of these fields. Students must fulfill a series of required and elective courses, demonstrate competency in a second language and complete a Master’s Project.
- An advanced degree allows students to perfect their language proficiency and continue on to a PhD program for a career in academia, or to utilize their skills immediately upon graduation in any number of other professional fields including international development, translation, business, medicine, public health, music, media studies, art or library sciences.
- French literature
- Francophone literature
- French linguistics
- Master’s Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by December 15 for the following academic year.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 808 other Masters in Literature in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information
- Letters of recommendation
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs)
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.