This visual communication degree from Rochester Institute of Technology offers a comprehensive opportunity to investigate the intersection of graphic, interaction, and motion design. You will focus on conceptualizing and creating user-centered design wherever there is a screen or digital experience.
This can include mobile phones, automotive instrument panels, medical devices, wearables, and more.
This major in Visual Communication Design reinforces the importance of user experience design by combining insight from all areas of design. Choose to focus your studies or combine course sequences from communication design, interaction design, motion design, and design studies. By combining historical, communication and aesthetic theory, principles, and creativity, your work will anticipate design evolution and lead innovation.
Typical Job Titles
- Cinematographer and Editor
- Graphic and UX/UI Designer
- Product Designer
- UI/UX Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Game Producer
- Design History Seminar
- 3D Modeling and Motion
- Web and Ul Design
- Digital Design in Motion
- Design Studies Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 757 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.