Completion of the MA in Sociology will prepare graduates for positions in public or private agencies and give thorough preparation for teaching and for advanced study at the doctoral level. The course of study includes training in general sociological theory, social research methods, statistics, and professional writing. Additional academic training is provided in substantive areas as well as through directed study.
Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP)
This degree offers a Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) which provides academically outstanding students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in approximately five years. Contact the graduate program coordinator for additional information.
- Sociological Theory
- Qualitative Methodology
- Quantitative Methodology
- Social Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Statistics Criminology View 165 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Application and Fee: Submit an application with a $95 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university;
- Original copy/copies of transcripts/marksheets in English for evaluation by the Graduate School (must be supplied by the institution)
- Transcripts are evaluatedby the Graduate School
- NOTE: any international transfer work requires an external evaluation by a NACES member institution; students are responsible for having this evaluation completed (only needed if the students wants to transfer graduate credit from a non-US institution)
International962 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 962 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National899 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 899 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State415 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 415 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.