What will you do?The Engineering (Civil and Environmental) degree from University of Adelaide comprises a foundation year and an advanced studies year. You will:
- practise advanced civil engineering analysis and design
- study environmental science and engineering principles
- pursue specialist topics according to your interests and career goals
- build communication and project management skills
- undertake a significant research project.
Where could it take you?
You might manage coastal erosion, develop policy on energy futures or come up with large-scale recycling schemes. You could supervise major urban water projects. Perhaps you’ll design high-speed railways or help with the construction of Australia’s next state-of-the-art sporting facility.
With the skills to plan, manage and assess the effects of major engineering projects on the natural and built environment, civil and environmental engineers should also be able to solve the associated environmental problems. In addition to environmental engineers, graduates may also find employment in a wide range of areas and organisations including multinational companies, government departments, small and large manufacturers, private consulting engineering practices and the defence, energy and information technology industries.
Some of the more common careers include water resources engineers, coastal engineers, geotechnical engineers, and transportation and highways engineers.
- Engineering Communication & Critical Thinking
- Business Management Systems PG
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Environmental Modelling & Management
- Engineering Hydrology
- Water Engineering & Design
- Environmental Systems Dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Environmental Sciences View 95 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent in the field of Civil, Mining or Environmental Engineering.
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $39,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.