This master degree in Epidemiology is offered by the University at Buffalo. You will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to design and conduct studies into the causation, distribution, control and prevention of diseases.
Our department offers the master’s program in collaboration with faculty throughout the university, and with the Department of Cancer Prevention and Control in Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Graduate Division.
- With a master’s in epidemiology, your career path could include working as a researcher, clinical investigator, research administrator, planner, program manager, educator or evaluator.
- The settings for these positions include academia, health departments, governmental health agencies, medical centers and hospitals, clinical practices and private corporations.
- The program also prepares you for continuing your education as a doctoral or medical student.
- Advanced Methodology
- Application of Biostatistics to Epidemiology
- Statistical Analysis
- Public Health and Population Wellbeing
- Cancer Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Epidemiology View 1924 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GRE scores in the 50th percentile for each category (this may be waived if you hold a PhD or MD from a university within the United States)
- Completion of a college-level algebra or calculus course (with a minimum grade of C)
- Completed coursework in the following subjects is highly recommended: Biology; Health-related science (anatomy, microbiology, or physiology); Chemistry; Behavioral sciences, including a course in sociology or social psychology, and a course in anthropology, psychology, political science or economics
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.