What will you do?You will:
- learn from academics with extensive professional counselling experience
- build hands-on skills through experiential learning
- benefit from case-based learning in small group workshops
- gain a core understanding of CBT, grief, attachment theory and ethical practice.
- From second year you’ll begin tailoring your studies to your personal interests, eventually choosing between a clinical or research pathway.
Where could it take you?
You could support young people in your community through roles and programs in schools or youth work. You might run a private practice or conduct group therapy at a centre. Perhaps you’ll be a relationship or return-to-work counsellor.
Our clinical pathway graduates can register as an intern with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia and, after further clinical experience, apply for full registration.
Graduates of the Counselling and Psychotherapy from University of Adelaide are prepared for a wide variety of roles in broad range of areas including youth work, relationship counselling, group therapy, school counselling, return-to-work counselling and private practice.
- Courses include:
- Counselling Skills
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Attachment Across the Lifespan
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Theories
- Overview of Mental Health
- Nature of Grief
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Counselling Psychology View 33 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A range of alternative qualifications may meet the University’s minimum English requirements
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
International38000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.