What will you do?
By taking this Biotechnology (Biomedical) program from the University of Adelaide you will:
- Learn from active researchers in biomedical science.
- Gain the latest industry insights from lab placements.
- Take courses in entrepreneurship, innovation and intellectual property management.
- Undertake a one-year independent research project.
You’ll also gain access to the following internationally-renowned research facilities and centres:
- Adelaide Proteomics Centre (APC)
- Adelaide Microarray Centre (SAHMRI)
- SA Genome Editing Facility (SAGE)
- Genomics Facility (SAHMRI)
- Confocal Microscopy
- Adelaide Microscopy
- Bioinformatics Hub
Where could it take you?
You’ll be at the cutting-edge of biotechnology, where major advances are influencing important issues such as vaccines, cancer and stem cell therapies. Due to the strong research focus, this degree is often used as a pathway to a PhD in biotechnology and biomedical science.
The industry offers very strong career opportunities for graduates, particularly those with strong laboratory skills combined with an understanding of research and product development.
Graduates are highly sought after by organisations such as:
- government health departments
- pharmaceutical companies
- private and public biotechnology companies
- CSIRO & biomedical research institutes
- forensic laboratories
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Platforms
- Advanced Research Techniques
- Research Design
- Research Communication
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 35 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor degree or equivalent. Completed degree must be in Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
International43000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National35000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.