What will you do?You will:
- hone your understanding of incentives, opportunity costs, trade-offs, supply and demand, and efficiency
- apply economic concepts to a range of fields—from public policy and finance to international trade and natural resources
- practise advanced techniques for analysing and managing data
- explore economic growth and development and the organisation of markets.
Where could it take you?
Economics graduates go on to all sorts of exciting careers and research pathways. You might assess telecommunications mergers as an economic analyst, or reform regulatory frameworks for public forests as a policy officer with state government. You could work on the stock market, in an aid agency researching the best return on aid donations or in banking and financial services. Perhaps you’ll use your analytics and modelling skills to develop optimal strategies for efficient HR recruitment.
Graduates of the Applied Economics from University of Adelaide are ready for a range of rewarding careers with leading business, government or not-for-profit organisations.
Our graduates are working in roles such as managers, directors, business analysts and statisticians for organisations all over the world, including:
- the World Bank Group
- the United Nations Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific
- Friedland Capital Inc.
- International Finance
- International Trade
- Development Economics
- Public Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 73 other Masters in Mathematics in Australia
- A completed Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 5.0 or equivalent.
- Alternative Pathway: Students may enter this degree from the Graduate Certificate in Applied Economics or the Graduate Diploma in Applied Economics.
International44500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $33,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.