The Oncology MSc programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is designed to equip you to become the next generation of scientists who are eager to understand the causes of cancer and develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
You will be trained in state-of-the-art techniques in cancer research and therapy in a challenging environment by experts in the field. You will become an MSc in Oncology with in-depth knowledge, attitudes and skills in the field of cancer research. This includes the development, execution, organization and evaluation of scientific research.
After successful completion of your study, you have earned the title MSc in Oncology. The aim of our Master is to provide you with all the knowledge and skills required to become a highly competitive PhD candidate.Approximately 75% off all our students will start a PhD programme soon after graduation. Of course other employers, such as pharmaceutical companies or biotech companies and policy makers are also interested in versatile students with your background.
- Tumor Immunology
- Innovative Tumor Therapies
- Tumor Biology and Clinical Behaviour
- Writing a Research Proposal
- Minor Internship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 37 other Masters in Human Medicine in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission to the Master’s programme in Oncology you must meet the requirements listed below.
- Academic Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine or comparable.
- Well-developed academic skills including writing and presenting skills, the ability to evaluate and apply knowledge, and the ability to engage in critical thinking.
- A clear motivation and talent for participation in the programme.
- Basic knowledge of Molecular Biology, Oncology & Immunology.
- Research Laboratory skills (a bachelor internship of > 12 EC).
- Pass the admission assessment test of the programme
- Transcript of records (provide a certified translation if it is not in English)
- A description of the relevant courses you have taken during your previous higher education
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- English language certificate
- Bachelor thesis
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.