Mission and Goals
The mission is to advance knowledge of speech, language, swallowing and hearing disorders through basic and applied research, graduate clinician training, and community service. To accomplish this mission, faculty and students participate in scholarly research activities, provide clinical services in a state-of-the-art facility, and promote community outreach projects.The primary goals are to produce innovative scholarly work and train competent speech-language pathologists to provide services to individuals and their families across the life span.
Vision StatementThe Communication Sciences and Disorders degree program from University of Arkansas aspires to become a leader in the field of speech-language pathology in the areas of teaching, research, and service. Our program aims to disseminate quality interdisciplinary basic and applied research relevant to speech and hearing sciences and related fields. We strive to promote evidence-based practices by educating students through the integration of academic coursework, diverse clinical practicum experiences, research opportunities, and service in the community. We expect our graduate alumni to be well known in the community for providing clients with outstanding clinical services.
- Research Methodology in Communication Disorders
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- Voice and Resonance Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Language Disorders in Adults
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Language, Learning and Literacy
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Health Sciences Speech Pathology View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Arkansas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcript(s) from each college from which you received course credit even if past course work appears on a later transcript. Please see instructions in CSDCAS for how to request transcripts and where to have them sent.
- Letters of recommendation — While letters of recommendation are required for CSDCAS applications, they are not formally reviewed in this program's holistic review process.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants. The GRE CSDCAS code is 7579.
- Upload a 2-minute video answering the following questions:
- Upload a cv/resume. Be sure to include the sections outlined in this example. We will be using your cv/resume to consider your scholarly activities and community engagement (including volunteerism, leadership, and employment).
International28560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28560 USD per year during 12 months.
National28560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28560 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fayetteville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.