For a list of faculty who are affiliated with this particular program see the link in the left menu. The Clinical Psychology concentration of the Master of Arts program in Psychology at WKU is a 2-year concentration that follows the scientist/practitioner model of training. It prepares students to be successful performing both research and therapy.
The concentration is practice-oriented, offering a broad foundation for the professional who will render a wide variety of psychological services at the M.A. level. Graduates obtain employment in mental health centers, rehabilitation centers, college counseling centers, and various other mental health agencies.
Many graduates choose to pursue further education at the doctoral level and are successful in these endeavors. The Psychology program holds a primarily Cognitive Behavioral theoretical orientation. The concentration prepares students for the national ASPPB certification examination, required to practice psychology in many states.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Western Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Psychology
- Assessment of Personality and Socio-emotional Functioning
- Psychology of Learning
- Clinical Neuropsychology for the Applied Psychologist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Statistics Clinical Psychology View 360 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Minimum GRE scores of 142 Verbal, 142 Quantitative, and 4.0 Analytic Writing1
- Undergraduate transcript of an earned undergraduate degree with a minimum of 18 hours of psychology coursework including statistics or research methods (3 hrs), abnormal (preferred) or personality psychology (3 hrs) with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 and 3.00 in psychology coursework
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals attesting to the applicant’s potential for success in the program
- Personal statement describing professional interests, expectations for the degree, and career goals
- Resume or curriculum vita
- Psychology Department application
- Criminal background check
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.