Psychiatric-Mental Health NP track from University of Virginia emphasizes the preparation of advanced practice nurses to promote and maintain health and to prevent, detect and treat acute and chronic mental illness. Addressing the needs of underserved, rural populations is highlighted throughout the program.
Who should apply?
The PMHNP track offers baccalaureate-educated nurses with at least one year of full-time RN experience the opportunity to advance their practice at the top-ranked UVA School of Nursing.
The PMHNP is offered at the MSN, certificate, and DNP levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Basis of Mental Health and Mental Ilness
- Mental Health Theories & Therapies
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Theoretical Foundations in Nursing
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing Cognitive Sciences View 1069 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited school.
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in the US and be eligible for a RN license in Virginia. All matriculating students who are not active-duty military nurses must have a Virginia RN license before the first day of classes.
- Submit a total of three satisfactory recommendations (academic, professional, and clinical), one of which should be from an APRN.
- Submit a resume or CV.
- Pay an $85 application fee.
- Have completed an undergraduate or graduate statistics course within five years of the program start.
- Be available for an interview, if requested.
- International applicants have additional admissions requirements.
International30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
National30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlottesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.