The UVA School of Nursing from from University of Virginia is dedicated to providing exceptional, affordable education in accordance with AACN, NONPF, and PNCB standards in the preparation of pediatric nurses as leaders, scholars, and expert licensed independent practitioners in the care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with acute, complex, critical, and chronic illness.
Who should apply?
The Pediatric NP - Acute Care track offers baccalaureate-educated nurses with at least one year of full-time RN experience the opportunity to advance their practice.
The PNP-AC program is offered as a master's degree, certificate, and as a specialty track within the BSN-to-DNP pathway.
The PNP-AC role
Interested in learning more about the differences in training and job expectations between acute care and primary care PNPs?
- Epidemiology & World Health
- Research Processes & Biostatistics
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Clinical Decision-Making in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Health Policy: Local to Global
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited school.
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in the US and be eligible for a RN license in Virginia. All matriculating students who are not active-duty military nurses must have a Virginia RN license before the first day of classes.
- Submit a total of three satisfactory recommendations (academic, professional, and clinical), one of which should be from an APRN.
- Submit a resume or CV.
- Pay an $85 application fee.
- Have completed an undergraduate or graduate statistics course within five years of the program start.
- Be available for an interview, if requested.
- International applicants have additional admissions requirements.
International30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
National30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlottesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.