Unlike a typical two-year master's degree program or the traditional CNL for RNs from University of Virginia program, the RN to CNL program offers experienced nurses a fast-track to a master's degree with the flexibility of part-time study. The program takes into account nurses' education, career and life experiences as they prepare for leadership roles in nursing and health care, and these UVA grads are well-positioned to continue their education in either the clinical specialty, with a PhD, or in whatever role or setting they choose.
With their wealth of professional and scholarly experience, RN to CNL grads tend to rise rapidly in health care communities as clinicians, team-leaders, patient care coordinators, client advocates, outcomes manager, and systems analysts.
- Culture & Health
- CNL in the Health Care system
- CLN Role Immersion & Capstone
- Leadership Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 539 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Virginia and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit a completed application and an $85 application fee
- Have a Bachelor's degree and an ADN degree, or diploma from a regionally accredited school
- Have successfully completed a college-level course in statistics within five years of the program start
- Submit three satisfactory academic and professional recommendations
- Complete two essays
- Submit a resume or CV
- A license as a registered nurse in the US, with eligibility to transfer the license to Virginia; students must have an unencumbered RN license in Virginia before the first day of classes
- Be available for an interview, if requested
- International applicants have additional admission requirements
International30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
National30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18250 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.