Key facts about the program
Arts managers matter because they are the ultimate mediators between the arts and its best audience. Arts leaders must negotiate the increasingly complex cultural, socioeconomic, legal, and political systems that challenge sustainable arts environments.
The University at Buffalo's MA in Arts Management prepares you to face these challenges. Through its unique blend of critical inquiry, analysis, and experiential learning, the program builds your capacity to identify and solve the problems inherent in the areas of arts management, production, and cultural policymaking.
- Arts Management and Society
- Research in Arts Management
- Legal Issues in Arts Management
- Arts and Cultural Policy and Diplomacy
- Fieldwork in Arts Management
- Special Topics in Management: Nonprofit Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The priority deadline for Fall 2021 applications is January 31. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after that date.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Management Management of Creative Industries View 124 other Masters in Media Management in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information
- Letters of recommendation
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs)
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.