The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS) program from University of Virginia is an advanced practice nurse prepared to manage adult patients in acute, critical and specialty care units. UVA's program emphasizes the advanced theoretical knowledge, practice and skills needed to manage adult gerontology patients through all phases of their hospitalization and follow-up.
AGCNS students also develop exceptional diagnostic and clinical decision-making skills, strategies to communicate and collaborate with clinicians and health care team members, and the ability to manage and monitor clinical outcomes. A keen focus on evidenced-based practice, quality improvement through system based leadership, teaching and clinical research are also hallmarks.
- Intimate classes are small, dynamic and filled with like-minded learners
- Mentorship access to world-class nursing faculty, exceptional mentors, cutting-edge research and top-of-the-line clinical facilities
- Hands-on experience
- Specialize a chance to specialize as part of the extended clinical practicum
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 767 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- The School of Nursing welcomes applications from international students for its graduate degree programs. International applicants must submit the regular admissions application plus additional requirements.
- Applicants must have a RN license from a US state at the time you submit your admissions application.
- Three recommendations are required from individuals who can speak directly about your ability to pursue study at the doctoral level.
International30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
National30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30240 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlottesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.