Our research focuses on quantitative approaches for mining molecular and cell biological information to obtain insight into the mechanisms underlying pathology and healing processes.
Our program in Pathology offered by the University at Buffalo provides training in the biology of disease and injury with an emphasis on quantitative approaches for mining molecular and cell biology information. Research by our faculty employs imaging, genetics, and cellular, molecular and biochemical analyses to examine biological function in a range of organ systems. Data from these varied approaches can be aligned with computational tools in order to gain novel insights into very complex phenomena and yield new understanding of disease mechanisms and treatments. We offer state-of-the-art instruction in both the biological principles and the quantitative methodologies.
Our program emphasizes research over didactic study. Our faculty are engaged in research in cell and developmental biology, systems biology and informatics, bioimaging, and neuroscience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Required course work consists of a graduate seminar class and one-semester courses in Cell Biology, Histology, and Introduction to Pathology.
- The remainder of the program is developed on an individual basis but, in general, comprises interdisciplinary courses, courses in areas relevant to the student's research, and a substantial thesis prepared under the supervision of a full time department faculty member and committee selected by the student and faculty advisor.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Genetics View 436 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Academic background; i.e. college coursework. A strong basic science background – chemistry, physics, math – is desirable, as is good performance in upper level biology courses
- Personal statement and letters of recommendation. These provide a gauge of interest and commitment, as well as an additional indication of abilities
- Research experience is a major plus because graduate training is very research-oriented, and so can be very different from one's undergraduate classroom experience
- A personal interview may be requested of an applicant, either in person or by phone or internet, if the admissions committee desires further clarification of a student’s qualifications
International32580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32580 USD per year during 24 months.
National32580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32580 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State21835 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21835 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.