Public Diplomacy – the effort by one government to inform and influence foreign audiences, while encouraging dialogue between its citizens and institutions and their counterparts abroad – has expanded to encompass the ever-increasing complexity of international affairs. The Public Diplomacy MPD program offered at University of Southern California aims to develop the next generation of leaders within the industries of international public service, business and nongovernmental organizations.
Upon successful completion of the Public Diplomacy program you should be able to:
- understand and deploy a range of instruments to advance foreign policy goals by engaging foreign publics, beginning with listening;
- approach issues related to foreign public engagement across a variety of times and geographical locations through multiple academic disciplines including those of Communication and International Relations in order to advance and inform professional practice;
- work effectively as both a member of a team and as an individual researcher and/or practitioner in the field of foreign public engagement;
- communicate persuasively and succinctly in spoken and written forms and in the genres of communication currently in use in professionally public diplomacy practice.
- Historical and Comparative Approaches to Public Diplomacy
- Global Issues and Public Diplomacy
- Practicum in Public Diplomacy Research
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Technologies and Public Diplomacy
- Advocacy in Public Diplomacy: Argumentation and Debate
- News Media and the Foreign Policy Process
- Regional Studies in Public Diplomacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 251 other Masters in Public Law in United States
- CV/ Résumé
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- Copy of your official passport (International Applicants only)
- Proof of Financial Support (International Applicants Only)
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.