Founded in 1975, the University of Southern California Davis School of Gerontology is the oldest and largest school of its type in the world. We offer the most comprehensive selection of gerontology degree programs found anywhere, a variety of outstanding research opportunities and a challenging yet supportive academic environment.
As a small school rooted in a world-class research university located in the heart of one of the most important cities on earth, the University of Southern California Davis School of Gerontology—and its research and services arm, the Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center—are home to today’s leaders in the field, as well as to tomorrow’s.
What you will study
The Gerontology MA program offered by University of Southern California studies the human lifespan by exploring the biological, psychological, sociological, political, medical and business dimensions of adult life. The curriculum is aimed at equipping future professionals in the field of aging with the specific skills and knowledge necessary to respond effectively to the needs of an aging population. The MAG offers current professionals in the field a chance to acquire superb skills and format training in gerontology.
- Perspectives on a Changing Society
- The Mind and Body Connection through the Lifespan
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Life Span Developmental Sociology
- Social Policy and Aging
- Counseling Older Adults and Their Families
- Administration and System Management
- Complementary Medicine for Health and Longevity
- The Aging Family
- Case Studies in Leadership and Change Management
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGerontology View 121 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Complete supplemental application included as part of university application
- In your university application, you must upload your resume and statement of interest
- 2 letters of recommendation, either uploaded in your university application or mailed separately by your recommenders.
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly to our office. Students must declare all schools on the application and submit transcripts from all institutions attended (even if it was for just one semester) after high school
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.