Program Learning Objectives
- Students at the Gerontology MSc program at University of Southern California will utilize gerontological frameworks to examine human development and aging.
- Students will relate biological theory and science to understanding senescence, longevity and variation in aging.
- Students will relate psychological theories and science to understand adaptation, stability, and change in aging.
- Gerontology students will relate social theories and science of aging to understanding heterogeneity, inequality, and context of aging.
- Students will learn to distinguish factors related to aging outcomes, both intrinsic and contextual, through critical thinking and empirical research• Students will promote older persons’ strengths and adaptations to maximize well-being, health, and mental status
- Students will promote quality of life and positive social environment for older persons
- Students will learn to employ and design programmatic and community development with and on behalf of the aging population
- Students will learn to employ and generate policy to equitably address the needs of older persons
- Students will engage in research to advance knowledge and improve interventions for older persons
- Physiology of Development and Aging
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Life Span Developmental Sociology
- Social Policy and Aging
- Case Studies in Leadership and Change Management
- Field Practicum
- Integrating Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- 18 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGerontology View 54 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Complete supplemental application included as part of university application
- In your university application, you must upload your resume and statement of interest
- 2 letters of recommendation, either uploaded in your university application or mailed separately by your recommenders.
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly to our office. Students must declare all schools on the application and submit transcripts from all institutions attended (even if it was for just one semester) after high school
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 18 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.