The Master's Water and Environmental Engineering at Aalto University combines interactive study methods with high quality teaching in order to educate graduates with a variety of skills that correspond to the challenges of future society.
Many of our students work with companies and experts of the field already during their studies, as we have good connections both to public and private sector through our research and teaching.
Our graduates work in numerous positions as e.g. planners, technical experts, and managers, and also have good possibilities to advance in their career.
As experts of water and environmental engineering, our graduates have good opportunities to effect societal change, promote sustainability and ensure some of the most essential functions of the society through their work. Employers of our graduates are diverse, including the private sector, public sector, civil society as well as academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water and Environment Engineering
- State of the World and Development
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Sustainable Built Environment
- Urban Water Systems
- Sustainability in Environmental Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Finland
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.