The Real Estate Economics programme from Aalto University combines the scientific disciplines of economics, management, land management and planning to provide you with the key skills needed in a wide range of career paths in the real estate sector.
Real estate and urban environments require expertise in every phase of their lifespans. The Master of Science in Technology degree from the Master's Programme in Real Estate Economics gives you a great starting point for working in the industry. Our graduates are employed in both the private and public sector, both in Finland and abroad. The real estate sector offers diverse career paths, so you will have the opportunity to follow your own goals after you graduate.
The Master's Programme in Real Estate Economics, a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities and an active real estate economics student organisation combined offer you a strong network that reaches beyond the university. You will have opportunities to connect with current and future real estate professionals from the start of your studies, and many of our students find their future position before they even graduate thanks to these connections. After graduation, you can find work as an analyst, a valuer, a real estate inspector, a researcher or an expert, to name a few. Career paths typically lead to management positions in real estate investment, management and technology.
- The courses of the master's programme cover the knowledge and skills needed to manage tge entire lifespan of real estate.
- Your studies will include deep dives into the principles of real estate economics, real estate market dynamics as well as valuation and investment analysis.
- You will also be offered to real estate legislation, environmental legislation, the land use planning system and the roles they play in real estate markets.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Proof of language proficiency in the language of instruction of the study option.
- Portfolio (electronic). Most study options in the field of art and design, architecture and landscape architecture require an electronic portfolio in PDF-format.
- GMAT or GRE test (business and economics). GMAT or GRE scores for applicants to School of Business study options in admission group 2 or all applicants to the study option of Finance. See submission instructions: GMAT and GRE test.
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.